wordpress statistics

Do you believe that shapeshifting is possible without some seriously advanced nanotechnology?

With nanotechnology suitably developed, we’d be able to do virtually anything with our bodies. But without it, what do you think the limits are to our ability to control the structure, condition and even the physical form of our bodies?

To me the question is "Is shapeshifting possible?" Now one of Clarke’s Laws was "When a distinguished scientist says something is possible he is usually right: when a distinguished scientist says something is impossible, he is usually wrong", but more and more as I get older I find myself believing we are as constrained by our understanding of concepts as we are by anything else. Vernon Vinge’s concept of the Singularity, where infinite progress becomes not just possible but economically feasible, is not totally fantastic, but mainly because it would best make sense as a point in the understanding of education.

Fractal Biology has given new life to some old, somewhat alchemical, concepts of what the relationships between life forms are. In fact, this was one of the things expressed in "As above, so below." This actually suggests that the differences between, say humans and wolves, are MORE profound than we realize, and something both slower and more permanent than "shape-shifting" would be needed.

Further, recent psychological studies which point to the difficulty of reaching truly "objective" conclusions would appear to support (again with a twist) the old esoteric teaching that personality and human consciousness itself are inventions as artificial (and profound) as the Wheel or the use of fire for cooking. Rudolf Steiner and George Gurdjieff are two teachers who explained this. This raises the question as to whether we could conceptualize (write specs for) such a transformation.

Nanotechnology does not to me seem important to the question of whether there are limits to our ability to control the structure, condition and physical form of our bodies. With understanding, we might find other methodologies, if it is worth doing.

Filed Under: MEMS Help

About the Author:

RSSComments (10)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. special-chemical-x says:

I’m not sure.

Not in the sort of physical body itself morphs atleast. Atleast I’m not sure I can believe in that yet.

But maybe the ethereal body.
    References :

2. rurouni says:

hmmm… yes of course.

It would require a lot of pain though.

lets see… oh yes: Plastic surgery.
    References :

3. bethanyhiska says:

I hope so. That would be seriously cool. I’d love to be a werewolf…..
    References :

4. mellie says:

Very limited I would think at present, but the future would be amazing.
    References :

5. CLIVE H says:

without nanotechno, we have no ability to shape change. we’re on the edge of making ourselves invisible and teletransporting ourselves. This century for sure, from about 2020 massive techno surge will take place.

References :

6. kiwee@y7mail.com says:

Not at all. We are already shape-shifting, but very very slowly (it’s called aging). Before you cluck you tongue and say this is a silly answer, then tell me, where is the baby you once were – the infant, the small child??

There ARE those who can shape-shift fully from one form to another, as well as one planet to another. ALL of Mankind has this (largely) forgotten ability within. Raise your consciousness, and the ‘miracles’ take care of themselves.
    References :

7. arch9angel says:

To the extent of a werewolf, probably not without nanites. But it would be cool.
    References :

8. jplatt39 says:

References :

9. Becki says:

I guess that depends on your beliefs. I believe that everything and everyone has this energy and magick and if we can tap into it then we can control that energy and do anything we want. And I’m assuming you mean like shapeshifting from say a human to an animal not just evolving from a child to an adult.
    References :

10. dana w says:

Actual shapeshifting is a combantion of animal mimicry and astral projection. One shifts there mind in to that of an animal and then forms an astral body to match and then projects as such, It is advised that this practice should be done once a week at the very most and is said that to otherwise can beharmful as ones mind beggains to change and become more animalistic

I of course could be wrong this is merrly what i was taught it was, I have no really experance here as project astral is still diffcult for me do able but hard
    References :